NOTE: Out of stock until Aug 15
We discovered doing heat testing that allowing air to "plane" over both sides of the ozone plate does not cool the plate; air has to hit the ozone plate 'flush' - head -on. Even with high powered fans blowing onto the plate(s), if the air rushes over both sides at a high rate of speed, the ozone plate will get too hot and the oxygen content in the air will not have sufficient "dwell time" to create ozone. How hot will the plate get? As high as 140 degrees. (we tested many machines) At those temperatures, ozone production goes down by 50% - 70%.
We tested the three basic ozone generators (the standard Amazon type - all made in the same factory and sold by different names) and our test results revealed the same thing. A weak fan (under 100 CFM) and a sideways mounted ozone plate will result in excessive surface temperatures (over 140 degrees) and that leads to excessive NOx production (the burnt ozone smell you sometimes get) and greatly diminished ozone production.
To keep the surface temperature of the ozone plate under 100 degrees so that you can create high concentrations of ozone, you need to follow our "Cool-Tec" design. Our Cool-Tec concept calls for a fan to bear down on one side of the ozone plate from a close distance while the back side gets cooled by air rushing out of the unit from predominantly one side. (while the back side of the plate is close to the back wall). That, we discovered, is the best way to cool and ozone plate.
OUR NEW HIGHER POWERED 10G OZONE GENERATOR TRANSFORMERS KEY FEATURES:
1) No "hot" high voltage red wires outside the unit, no soldering, no wire nuts.
2) No power loss via red wires. You lose power as power travels through the red wires on traditional ozone generator transformers. The power source is within an inch of the white ozone plate base - no power loss!
3) No wiring - IEC connector uses a standard computer cord to power the ballast/transformer.
4) Solid-state design - closed circuit. The motherboard has a small fuse that shuts the unit down if it overheats. Safest ozone transformer on the market.
5) Side mount design. Others mount their transformers heat sink down, allowing heat to build up in the transformer which will lead to premature failure (by design we believe) We offer a lifetime warranty on our transformers so we mount them sideways, heat sink exposed to the fan for cooling. This will prevent heat from building up inside, a significant problem with transformers that sit flush on the ground with little space underneath to dissipate heat.
6) USA design. This design came from USA, where we have a penchant for designing things to last, and where we provide great service and advice, after the sale. That's the American way!
If you want to upgrade your unit to these higher powered transformers, give us a call, we'll look up your order and make sure you own one of our Cool-Tec units then we'll sell these to you for half price.
Be the first to ask a question about this.