Their are several reasons why the US Government and Search Engines in general, especially Google are against Ozone Generators. When I say "against" I mean they promote search results that warn of the dangers of BREATING OZONE which has nothing to do with ozone generators used for green pest control or remediation work (removing mold, odor, etc) and which are only used in UNOCCUPIED AREAS! Saying ozone is dangerous is akin to saying water is dangerous because if you drink too much water too fast, you will die.
Here are the main reasons why I believe their exists an "anti ozone generator" sentiment on the Internet, in no particular order:
1) Corporate Greed. Ozone generators don't require replacement filters. They replace chemicals, filters, and other products that keep the cash registers churning. The proper use of ozone shock treatments also promote wellness and keep people from getting sick, that causes less doctor and hospital visits and less pharma drug purchases. Sadly, the US government is run by Corporate and Globalist interests, as are the Search Engines that love to parrot their propaganda.
2. Air Purifier Vendors. They of course have a financial interest in bad mouthing ozone generators. They know all too well that ozone generators are used in unoccupied areas and pose no threat to human health. They also know that the products they sell don't work so they use negative attacks on a product that does work to try and sell their product which is most assuredly ineffective at removing the harmful things in the air that ozone removes and a total waste of money.
3. Ozone Air Purifiers. Cheap Chinese ozone generators mostly sold on Amazon and eBay look like air purifiers, and that does make them dangerous! They have filters and look just like air purifiers. Some MLM vendors even used to sell them as air purifiers, causing our government to issue warnings. To be clear, Forever Ozone DOES NOT ADVOCATE the use of ozone generators in occupied areas! Our ozone generators do not resemble air purifiers, they look more like a science experiment from High School, so nobody will ever mistake our ozone generators for an air purifier! (why we can sell them in California).
4. Cancer. Cancer is a 10 plus BILLION dollar a year industry. Pharma companies know of the German and Russian research spanning back 80 years that shows ozone kills cancer. I honestly don't put it past the propaganda masters in government to attack ozone as "dangerous" and "toxic" because of this one simple fact. They want to brain wash people to equate ozone to smog which couldn't be further from the truth! Ozone is the natural (oxygen x 3) cleaner that nature creates to break down and get rid of smog, yet our government calls ozone on smoggy days "ozone smog". WTF? Yes, ozone is created to break down smog but why call three oxygen atoms 'smog' unless you have an agenda?
Why doesn't Google tell you these things? At the end of the day, I believe that they 'work' for globalist interests, and maybe China as well. Why China? China wants you to buy cheap disposable junk. China wants to enslave the world with AI and a "social score," and Google seems to want to help them. Globalists want you to put money into the pockets of International Corporations that also sell disposable, repeat purchase crap that keeps you using more drugs, wasting more money, getting in more debt, in short, having less freedom.
Let's examine the current #1 website for the search term "ozone generators" on Google:
4 Reasons You Should Never Use An Ozone Generator - Allergy & Air
Here is what they state as their four reasons why you should never use an ozone generator and my response to their misinformation:
Not only is ozone potentially dangerous to your health, but it also may not even work at all. Below are four reasons why you should never use an air purifier that produces ozone.
Ozone is VERY dangerous to mold, parasites, viruses, bacteria, and small insects! Ozone is only hazardous to your health if you BREATH IT, but here's the kicker, NOBODY ADVOCATES THAT, and they know it! Nobody who sells industrial ozone generators like Forever Ozone that are only used in empty spaces advocates breathing ozone. The fact is that used properly, ozone removes the harmful pathogens in your home air that cause illness and disease, something their wasteful, ineffective air purifiers could only aspire to do, but can't.
1. Ozone Generators May Not Work at All
Some manufacturers suggest that ozone will render nearly every chemical contaminant in the home harmless by producing a chemical reaction. This point is incredibly misleading because a thorough review of scientific research has shown that for many of the dangerous chemicals found indoors to be eliminated the chemical reaction process may take months or even years. Other studies have also (PDF) noted that ozone could not effectively remove carbon monoxide or from outside. If used at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone applied to indoor air pollution does not effectively remove viruses, mold, bacteria, or other biological pollutants.
This point (breathing ozone) isn't something we suggest, and if someone does say that an ozone shock treatment will render "nearly every chemical contaminant in the home harmless" he or she are lying. You don't perform ozone shock treatments at 6 to 10 parts per million concentrations for 1 hour (our protocol) to address chemical issues; you do it to kill mites and neutralize their droppings and to kill airborne and surface mold, bacteria, viruses, etc. Ozone will also remove VOC's, but our protocol involves airing out the structure after an ozone shock treatment used primarily for VOC'S (sick home syndrome - new homes). So their point #1 is misleading and irrelevant.
2. The Chemical Reaction Can Be Dangerous
Even if ozone generators were proven to be effective at eliminating these chemicals, there are certain side effects everyone must be aware of. Many of the chemicals ozone reacts to results in a variety of harmful by-products. For example, when ozone was mixed with chemicals from new carpet in a laboratory setting, the ozone reduced many of the chemicals but created a variety of dangerous organic chemicals in the air. While the target chemicals were reduced, the dangerous byproducts rendered the process moved.
Again, their focus is on chemicals. What they don't tell you is that furniture manufacturers sometimes utilize ozone shock treatments to minimize the amount of VOC's their furniture emits to meet US government standards. We've sold our ozone generators to one such vendor who doesn't want to be named but told us that the US government has strict VOC standards, higher than standards for the consumer. This furniture manufacturer uses ozone to cause his furniture to off-gas VOC's, then wait, then off-gas again in a protocol they created (we know if but won't publish it - if you want to know, call us) so that the furniture they make can pass the strict US gov agency VOC standards. How do they do it? They place their furniture in trailers and ozonate them many times for x amount of time over x amount of days which does reduce the amount of VOC's it emits. Can air purifiers draw chemicals out of furniture into the air? No. Ozone can. The secret is to air the space out afterward (or in that case the trailer) because ozone does break the hydrogen bond in chemicals and create other substances, in some causes harmful substances, so we don't advocate using ozone indoors for VOC's on furniture. We suggest renting a trailer and performing the ozone shock treatment for VOC reduction there. If the VOC issue is in a home, we advocate doing it before anyone moves in, and then airing it out entirely using box fans in windows to draw air out after the shock treatment, and repeating the process over x amount of days to get the job done. (trade secrets - we only share with our dealers and in the future, our distributors) So their point #2 is misleading and irrelevant as well.
3. Ozone Generators Do Not Remove Particulates
A third factor to consider when looking at ozone generators is that they do not remove particulates such as dust or pollen from the air. This includes the particles which are primarily responsible for allergic reactions. To combat this, some ozone generators include an ionizer which disperses negatively charged ions into the air. In recent analysis’s, this process was found to be less competent in the removal of air-borne molecules of dust, smoke, pollen, and mold spores than HEPA filters and electrostatic precipitators.
The #1 particulate that is responsible for allergic reactions is mite feces. I learned this while testing the indoor air. AIR PURIFIERS DO NOT ADDRESS MITE FECES! Ozone shock treatments kill the mites and neutralize their fecal matter! We all shed pounds of dead skin each year. In old folks homes, that amounts to tons of dust, tons of mites, and tons of mite poop, what many call "old people smell." It's not healthy, and it causes respiratory issues in any air, but more so for older and younger lungs. Ozone shock treatments are the only way to address this issue! As for the fact that ozone shock treatments don't remove particulates, again, all you need is to run your HVAC fan in the "ON" position during the day and to change your HVAC filters every 30 days. That's it!
4. It Is Impossible to Predict Exposure Levels
The EPA notes that it is increasingly difficult to determine the actual concentration of ozone produced by an ozone generator because so many different factors come into play. Concentrations will be higher if more powerful devices used in smaller spaces. Whether or not the interior doors are closed rather than open will affect concentrations as well. Additional factors which affect concentration levels include how many materials and furnishings are in the room to react with ozone, the level of outdoor air ventilation, and the proximity of a person to the ozone generating device.
This 'reason' why one should 'never' use an ozone generator is laughable. First of all, ozone shock treatments are ONLY performed in empty spaces. People never breathe any ozone. Secondly, our ozone generators create "ultra-high" concentrations of ozone so that it only takes 30 minutes to perform the ozone shock treatment. That's not enough time for the ozone to reach the 'flash point' with substrates (foam, carpet, etc) that cause them to break down. I do understand that other vendors of ozone generators recommend 12 hours, 24 hour run times because their machines do not reach high ozone concentrations, and that is going to cause problems, and that is going to be ineffective, but they should not poo-poo the entire industry just because some folks that sell ozone generators are not indoor air quality professionals but merely resellers of cheap Chinese crap to make a quick buck (Amazon).
So what are four legit reasons why you should own and use an ozone generator? (the article that Google should have as #1)
1. Kill mites and neutralize their droppings. All it takes is a 30-minute shock treatment once or twice a month to keep your air mite and mite dropping free. Mite droppings are the #1 indoor air allergen and something that air purifiers cannot address.
2) Remove 'dead animal' smells. You never know when a critter will die in a crawl space or attic. Good luck getting rid of decaying flesh odors with an air purifier! Decaying flesh releases organic material into the air that covers all surfaces! That organic material is broken down and destroyed by ozone - tri-oxygen - three oxygen atoms! Even if you tried to wipe every wall and surface down with a chemical, some of that organic material would live, and the odor would come back. OZONE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION! That's why ozone is used by crime scene cleanup companies to get rid of the biological material left behind after someone dies and in some cases isn't found until they start to 'stink' (excuse the lack of reverence for the deceased.) Good luck removing dead animal odors with a carbon air purifier!
3) Sanitize surfaces and kill bacteria, viruses, and molds. In places like operating rooms, classrooms, waiting rooms, etc where cleanliness is needed, and surface viruses and bacteria can spread, it is impractical to clean all surfaces. However, with just a 30-minute ozone shock treatment, you can kill 100% of all surface pathogens with just oxygen (no chemicals)! It's also cheap. Needless to say, but I'll say it, air purifiers can't do that!
4) Green Pest Control - Especially Mites! Something strange has been going on over the past 4-5 years with mites infestations. Chemicals and pesticides are not a viable option if you're concerned with health issues. Ozone is the solution! Ozone kills mites within minutes. They lay eggs, so you have to follow a protocol we developed to kill their eggs and end an infestation, but ozone is 100% guaranteed to stop mite infestations without any chemicals or pesticides. I won't even mention you know what, no need to kick a dead horse.
Honorable mention: Getting rid of cooking odors, burnt toast, etc. Ozone quickly removes smoke odors. Eliminating second-hand smoke odors from a place where the previous owner smoked. Blessing your new home with ozone by removing any biologically active material (dead skin, etc) that the last people left behind. Getting rid of pet odors in the cat litter box room or space where your dog does his or her business. In the case of a natural disaster, where plastics are burning, or forest fire, owning an ozone generator could be a life saver. Ozone quickly breaks down the harmful things in the smoke and could keep you alive (most people die from smoke inhalation and ozone breaks down smoke (for use in emergency only!) In the case of civil unrest, burning furniture and plastic could create a toxic cloud that could kill you unless you owned and ozone generator.
Granted, most ozone generators, especially the cheap disposable units sold on Amazon and eBay are not capable nor do they come with the customer service you'll need to get the job done right. (advice - expertise we provide free on the phone every M-F 9-5 PST) However, for Google to create a narrative via their search results that ozone generators are not effective is misleading to an uninformed public that relies on search engine results to learn the truth. However, how can people learn the facts (which lead them to know the truth) if the valuable information we provide on our website is not included near the top of search results? What Google does is mislead the uninformed public with false or misleading information the Corporate International elites (and China) wants you (and the general public) to believe, not just with the results for "ozone generator" either, but with all of their search results! Use Duckduckgo.com for your search results, learn about privacy issues related to social media and email (and avoid it) and fight the machine! I do, and I enjoy it! ;-)
(Not for reproduction - copyright Mike Alcantara - Forever Ozone 2018)
Comments will be approved before showing up.