Optimal Duration for Ozone Shock Treatment. How long? I'll tell you.

Optimal Duration for Ozone Shock Treatment. How long? I'll tell you.

February 14, 2019

Caution! Ozone in  use sign

How long should you run an ozone generator to achieve optimal results when trying to get rid of odors, kill mites or bed bugs, or reverse second hand smoke damage? If you ask 10 ozone generator "experts," you'll get 10 different answers. This begs the question, has there been any research done on this subject? Answer: no. Then how do ozone generator sellers come up with their recommendations?  Good question! I've found the Chinese made models offer some pretty awful advice that sometimes will do more harm than good. (running an ozone generator too long is a terrible idea) So then, what are our recommendations and what is our Ozone Shock Treatment Protocol? (OSTP)  

I spend at least 1 hour a day searching the Internet for information on ozone, wellness and alternative health related news and research.  I also talk to contractors that use ozone in their remediation business every week. I've also had years of remediation experience. The Forever Ozone STP addresses all of the different issues related to ozone shock treatments and in turn delivers what I believe are the best results, bar none.  So what makes the Forever Ozone STP different? For one, our ozone generator ballasts and plates are different than the Chinese designed ballasts. Heat destroys ozone and creates NoX in the process. When you utilize a cheap computer fan that only moves 100 CFM to cool your ozone plate from the side, a few inches away, and you have the air plane over both sides of the ozone plate as it passes over the ozone plate from the side (the air doesn't hit the ozone producing side of the ozone plate flush like our units) then the ozone plate will reach temperatures of over 130 degrees. At those temps, the ozone production will be limited as heat destroys ozone.  Others use MICA ozone plates that don't produce much ozone and don't create the elevated parts per million of ozone concentrations in the air to kill mites or quickly break down the hydrogen bonds in chemicals. Those are "ozone air purifiers" that are often run with people in the room. They create around 1 ppm ozone concentration in the air, which is fine for reducing say pet odors, but not effective at reversing damage or killing pathogens or insects (high ppm ruptures the membranes of those pathogens - low ppm doesn't - only bothers them)  At low ppm concentrations, the recommendation is to run the ozone generator for 2 to 3 days straight. The reason that's a bad idea is that most substrates have a "flash point" at which they break down with ozone, and that flash point is usually over many many hours, usually around 18 to 24. So allowing a say 1-3 ppm concentration of ozone over say 30 hours is going to also result in some damaged foam in your furniture, bed, and carpets. Sadly, you won't kill the "bugs" and you won't reverse smoke damage at those lower concentrations. You will leave a "burnt ozone" smell behind that lasts weeks however, caused mostly by the damaged substrates.  You will also create by-products in the air that are not desirable. A proper ozone shock treatment will only leave an "ozone smell" that will last a day or two, not weeks. That can be minimized by airing your area out after the ozone shock treatment and following our ozone shock treatment protocol to the T. 

Before I reveal our ozone shock treatment protocol and expose how long we run our ozone generators for optimal results, why should everyone perform regular ozone shock treatments to improve their indoor air? (not just those with odor or pest issues)  Simple! We all shed pounds of dead skin each year. "Old folk home smell" is actually caused by many years of dead skin and tons of dust mite droppings! Disgusting, right?  Right. Dust mite droppings are actually the number one indoor air allergen. They wreak havoc on our immune system and that "crap" is the main reason why indoor air is five times more polluted than outdoor air. The ONLY solution is to perform bi-annual ozone shock treatments to kill the mites and neutralize their droppings. An ozone shock treatment will also sanitize all surfaces of molds, bacteria, viruses, and micro-organisms. It will also rust the tiny nano particles of metal that are now part of our environment thanks to fuel additives in jet fuel. (long story - trans human agenda - you don't want to know)  Well, I do know and that's what actually got me into the ozone business, so let's just say your health will improve if you're not breathing the "crap" and "junk" that's part of the air we are forced to breath today. At least the air in your home can be a bastion of clean, fresh, feces and nano particle (including smart dust) free air!  I've actually been "shocking" the air in our home at least one hour every day for years now and during that time we've never gotten sick. Coincidence? I don't think so. A Russian study on the effects of ozonating office building HVAC systems with ozone at night found that it reduced sick leave days and I've blogged about the same results in school rooms that ozone shock their classrooms at night. 

Our process creates an ultra high concentration of ozone for a short period of time that does not mess with any substrate yet wreaks havoc on micro-organisms, small pests, and chemical bonds. First, we place our "Caution - Ozone in Use" sign on the door - it's a CYA legal thing that we recommend and do. We come in with 30 to 40 grams of ozone power per 1000 square feet, 3 to 4 times more than what is really needed but since time if of the essence, it's what we do.  We then employ de-humidifiers to bring the humidity level under 30% during the ozone shock treatment, and drop the temperature under 70 degrees before we start the ozone shock treatment.  After the shock treatment, which typically lasts up to 8 hours in homes and one hour in RV's and cars (with several one hour shock treatments spaced apart in homes so that the ozone has a chance to revert back to oxygen in between the shock treatments, done with a timer.)  There is some other things we do, it's not just that, as for placement of the machines and things like that, but that's the basic process. We then use negative pressure to suck all of the resulting air (after the shock treatment) out of the structure and bring fresh air in via opened windows.  This is the smartest, safest, and most effective protocol to achieve the best results, and I hope everyone who performs ozone shock treatments for a business gives it a try and adopts it. "I don't get it. Why are you revealing your process for free on the Internet, don't you know that the "game" is to be sold, not told?"  Simple. I am in ozone not to get rich, but to help improve indoor air quality and kill the 'bad guys" in the air that rob us of our health. I want to lead an "ozone revolution" someday that will lead to a healthier population. That to me will be priceless!


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.

Subscribe